The Cabinet at 68 Waterman Street, presently the home of the Graphic Services department, is a two-story stucco Greek revival building designed by James C. Bucklin and built in 1844 as the “Cabinet” of the Rhode Island Historical Society, the name of which is carved in stone above the entrance. A three-story addition, of which Stone and Carpenter were the architects, was built in 1891. Brown acquired the building in 1942, and used it for the newly established Program of Advanced Instruction and Research in Mechanics, which later became the Division of Applied Mathematics. The building was used in 1947 for the Stenographic Bureau and the inventory and purchasing departments. The Photo Lab moved in in 1975.